Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Featured Foodie

I'm starting a new series called, Featured Foodie. this week's Foodie Blog is Catherine from Weelicious.



Her blog is filled with great recipes and photos to match! Take it away, Catherine!

When and why did you start your foodie blog?
When I had my son, I had no idea when and what to feed him. I have always been a big foodie and attending culinary school, but when it comes to feeding a baby I didn't know where to start. I began testing all kinds of baby food purees with foods from our local farmers market and educating myself about how to get kids to love a variety of healthy foods from day one!

Did you teach yourself to cook?
I attended the Institute of Culinary Education in NYC, but I've been cooking since I was a child.

What's your favorite dish/dessert to make?
Right now it's Peach Crumble. I'm obsessed with the sweet peaches at our farmers market!
Who are your favorite foodie bloggers?
Gluten Free Girl, Simply Recipes, Laura's Best Recipes, Steamy Kitchen and David Lebovitz

What foodie blogger (if any) do you secretly wish you were?
I'm happy just being me :)
Any advice for newbie foodie bloggers?
Get yourself educated and involved in social media (facebook, twitter, flickr) asap!!
Would you like to be featured? Leave a comment and let me know!

1 comments:

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Thanks for this feature. I love discovering new food blogs!

Blog topics:

desserts, cakes, cookies, meats, mixers, knives, lobster, cooking, cooking books, recipes, food contests, cupcakes, dips, breakfast.